Fullerton Teen Dies of a Fentanyl Overdose
ABC 7 News
17-Year Old Trining Dies from Fentanyl Overdose
Chrisa Cornejo is mourning the death of her 17-year-old daughter, Trinity Cornejo.
Cornejo says Trinity had come home after a party with friends on Sept. 30 and was later found unresponsive by Trinity's aunt.
Cornejo says she believes this was her daughter's first time trying drugs. She says she hopes her daughter's death isn't in vain and others learn from this.
"I would send her your articles about these issues, and these deaths, and I thought she understood and I thought she would never take that risk, but teenagers are curious and dealing with a lot of pressure," Cornejo said.
Cornejo says she believes drug dealers are using social media to connect with teens. She has a message for parents."These dealers deliver substances of the teen's choice. They come in masks when they come in their cars," Cornejo said. "They either know what they're doing and don't want to get caught, or don't know what they're doing and don't care. Either way it's just drugs are no longer drugs. What you think you're getting is most likely laced with something else."
Help is on the Way!
InterAct LifeLIne is developing a mobile solution that utilizes data from smart watches and fitness trackers to detect leading indicators of overdose, alert others and send help. (Coming Soon!)